General Manager - Multiple Cities
Operations | San Francisco
We're looking for awesome people who want to help us grow existing and upcoming markets. If this describes you, go ahead and apply today!
The City General Manager at Uber is by far the most demanding position Uber has to offer; it requires such a degree of talent, guts and leadership that the right person is difficult to find. As the leader of Uber in each city, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of our business in one of the major cities. You are literally rolling out a new transportation system in your local metropolis. UBER'S CORE
The core of Uber is in the city team, led by a General Manager. They make the magic that is Uber a reality. It’s a big deal, and the qualities and capabilities required of an Uber GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented and highly sought-after professional. Sound like you? WHAT YOU NEED
This is first and foremost a role for a strong marketer, focusing on reaching new users and extending the Uber brand to the masses. But as the city lead, you’ll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining ‘Uber’ quality throughout the rider’s experience. Customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, PR — all of these sit under the GM. Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on.
And it’s the cross of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM an incredibly difficult job to fill. If you’re potentially one of the truly rare, gifted Uber GMs, I want to hear from you! I will personally review every resume submitted. WHAT YOU’LL DO:
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Work with Uber’s Launch team to launch Uber in your city
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Manage deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber’s driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Continue to grow REVENUES and RIDERSHIP!!!
- 6+ years of marketing or operations management experience (not quite there? Apply for Community Support Mgr or Operations Mgr instead!)
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get shit done attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger
- Travel like a European diplomat: employees are showered with Uber credits
- Ground floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Make a difference: we’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real people/assets and changing transportation for the future
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan. LOCATION
: Please note that San Francisco is our headquarters, however, this position is not located at HQ. We are recruiting for General Managers in cities across the US.