Internships | Redwood City, CA, United States
Evernote is looking for interns or fresh graduates for our new machine learning team!
About The Role:
What if Evernote helped you decide what to make for dinner and automatically created a shopping list from those recipes you clipped? Or noticed that you were planning a trip and reminded you of the 'Best Hotels in Paris' article you saved last year?
We have a long history of using machine learning for handwriting and printed character recognition, and now we're tackling a more ambitious challenge: using Evernote should make you smarter. We're looking for talented engineers with a machine learning background to apply cutting-edge data mining techniques to help people contextualize and understand their memories. Come work with a huge, one-of-a-kind data set and help millions of people organize and improve their lives.
- Design and develop scalable systems that apply data mining techniques to hundreds of millions of notes, web pages, and other types of content.
- Participate in the full machine learning system implementation process: prototyping, assembling training data, model design, feature selection, system implementation, and evaluation.
- Understand the Evernote user experience and product line, and adapt machine learning techniques for a variety of server-side, mobile, and desktop environments.
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience with natural language processing, classification, regression, collaborative filtering, or clustering techniques applied to large data sets.
- Proficiency in Java or Python for implementing data and text mining techniques.
- Exposure to Weka, Orange, NLTK, or other common data mining toolkits is a plus.
- Exposure to or interest in Hadoop or Lucene a plus.
- Good understanding of web technologies and Linux/Unix.
- Completed or currently completing Bachelor’s, Master's or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams, collaborating closely with product management and our quality-engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood City office is within walking distance from the Caltrain station.