Engineer The Future SpaceX
is a U.S.-based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. Founded in 2002, SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up, including cutting edge electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engine systems. The Falcon Launch Vehicle
and Dragon Spacecraft
programs are some of the most ambitious engineering systems in the world, designed to support our ultimate goals of aviation-like spaceflight capability and making humanity a multi-planet species. Our team is made up of more than 3,000 SpaceXers located across our Hawthorne, California headquarters; and other facilities in Florida, Texas, and Washington, DC. Advance the course of human history and pave the ways to Mars This is SpaceX
. We are not like most companies. Our goal is to do what has never before been done--enabling mankind to live on other planets. We push the boundaries of what is currently possible, and understand it takes rare individuals to help us make this happen. We celebrate our successes
, and each other. We seek future colleagues with a rare mix of drive, passion, scrappiness, intelligence, and curiosity to seek what’s beyond the stars.
Playing a direct role in advancing the course of human history is no small endeavor. Responsibilities
- Will be responsible for leading and managing a staff of 40+ employees per shift. (up to 120 on 3 shifts)
- Manage modification, repair, assembly and integration of production assemblies in order to guarantee achievement of on time delivery and quality targets
- Managing launch site shipment preparations.
- Responsible for managing the complete production process within a predefined area and ensuring safety at all times
- Resolving reoccurring nonconformance issues
- Reviewing work instructions and making change recommendations when needed
- Meeting tight production schedules to achieve high rate production
- Responsible for assessing, staffing and vetting the appropriate skillset needed
- Monitor material costs and cost savings
- Identifying and set-up of training programs
- Developing, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing system policies, and procedures.
- Monitor labor hours and overtime, and implement improvement plans and time management with staff
- Capacity planning of equipment and personnel.
- Coordinate with Engineering and other departments to minimize production interruptions.
- Think creatively; question the status quo, while following documentation and maintaining prescribed quality standards.
- Developing and assuring adequate machine maintenance schedules and back-up spares availability
- B.S. in an engineering field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 4 years in high volume manufacturing sector
- Minimum of 4 years in management required with strong leadership skills
- Safety training and/or safety certifications required
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods required.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable
- Knowledgeable of ESD protocol
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed
- Demonstrated experience and ability to read, interpret and follow:
- Schematics: engineering drawings, circuit layouts, and parts list / Cable Harnesses: wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and parts list. / Mechanical Assemblies: mechanical drawings and parts lists.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it. ITAR Requirements:
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000. Connect With Us
Want to learn more about SpaceX career opportunities and culture? Be sure to connect with our recruiting team on social media: Twitter
, and SpaceX Careers