Senior Product Marketing Manager – Data Platform Products
Computers/Software | Bay Area, CA
As the Senior Product Manager for Pivotal’s Data Platform products you will be responsible for creating and communicating compelling narratives that drive market success for our database and Hadoop product offerings. You will be counted on to execute on product marketing programs that drive field success, market awareness, and channel enablement. As a member of the Data Platform Product Marketing team you will work with marketing, field enablement, product management and sales to advance the company’s leadership position in the Big Data space. The successful candidate will have strong opinions and a successful track record of developing enterprise software messaging and content that communicates the value of a product suite/platform, increases platform penetration, drives higher deal values, and creates new market categories. The ability to conceive and execute on successful product marketing programs is a must. Responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience
- Understand the market trends and competitive landscape in the Big Data space, inclusive of MPP databases, Hadoop and its ecosystem, and analytics vendors.
- Understand the key capabilities, differentiators, benefits and use cases of one or more the Pivotal Data Platform products – MPP Database, In-Memory Database, and Hadoop
- Create go-to-market strategies that resonate with sales and customers
- Drive programs for market success including: deliver white papers, articles, blogs,podcasts, sales presentations, ROI tools and other market-facing materials to build awareness, drive demand generation and arm sales
- Understand field requirements and deliver high-impact sales tools and training
- 8 or more years of relevant professional experience, with at least 3 to 5 years in enterprise software product marketing, solution marketing and/or product management
- Experience with database (MPP preferred), Hadoop, or analytics software a must; strong knowledge of data integration, cloud computing, and application development is ideal.
- Track record of developing go-to-market strategies that scale
- Able to analyze customer and market requirements and trends
- Must be able to synthesize and explain complex topics in simple terms. Ability to create clear messaging and positioning for enterprise software products and solutions that presents a compelling strategic vision, articulates technical differentiation and demonstrates business value for customers.
- Experience driving collateral creation including presentations, data sheets, Webinars, white papers, articles and blogs, chalk talks, podcasts; must be able to author your own content (e.g., white papers, presentations, blogs, etc.) in addition to directing internal and external contractors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both business and technical audiences, internal and external
- Self-motivated, results driven individual requiring minimal oversight that can work to accomplish large complex goals in a collaborative environment.
- Displays intellectual curiosity, innovation, creativity, persistence, commitment, passion and optimism.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline; MBA or advanced degree a plus.
« Back to Openings