Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA, United States
It's the job of Technology R&D to push the boundaries of what technology can do, from military-grade audio to cutting-edge sensors. We get to play with stuff that most technologists only dream about, resulting in hundreds of patents over the last ten years. We spend our time exploring what's possible (and what might be), identifying marketable solutions, and prototyping new products.
Currently, the CTO office at Jawbone is looking for a System Software Engineer to help bring up a new software platform. This position will be focusing on kernel level and OS software, there will be opportunities to touch on other aspects of product development such as applications and system services.
• Lead the design and implementation of Bluetooth support within a new software platform.
• Design and implement OS abstraction layers for system peripherals such as sensors, input devices etc.
• Good understanding of digital audio concepts and streaming over wireless transports.
• Perform efficiently in an Agile and TDD environment.
• Work closely with designers, hardware/software engineers and project management to ship world-class consumer products.
• CS/EE degree, or equivalent.
• Familiarity with Bluetooth 2.1, 3.0, 4.0 specifications and stack architecture.
• Familiarity with A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and other popular Bluetooth profiles.
• 5+ years experience shipping high-quality software, on-schedule, from conception to release.
• Strong understanding of application models, kernels and hardware abstraction layers.
• Strong background in C, good understanding of C++.
• Familiarity with various debugging methods including basic hardware debugging skills using multimeters and oscilloscopes
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Additional Success Factors:
• M.S. in CS/EE or equivalent
• Real-world experience with the Bluetooth compatibility certification process.
For more than a decade, Jawbone has developed human-centered wearable technology and audio devices unparalleled in their technical innovation, ease-of-use and sophistication of design. A 2010 IDSA Design of the Decade winner, the company is the creator of the award-winning and best-selling Jawbone ERA and ICON Bluetooth® headsets; NoiseAssassin® technology, the world's first and only military-grade noise-eliminating technology; and the JAMBOX and BIG JAMBOX wireless speakers and speakerphones. Jawbone is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Deutsche Telekom, Khosla Ventures, investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sequoia Capital and others. The company is headquartered in San Francisco.
Jawbone is an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation, performance bonus and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance, Paid Time Off and much more.