All Technology | San Francisco, CA, United States
A smarter way to borrow and invest
At Lending Club, we’re using technology to lower costs. We pass on the cost savings to borrowers who can get lower rates and investors who can earn solid returns, and we’re radically changing the way credit works. To date more than $3 billion in loans has been originated through the Lending Club platform, with annual volume more than doubling each year. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies in 2011 and 2012, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. Lending Club is based in San Francisco, California. Learn more at: http://www.lendingclub.com.
Lending Club is looking to hire a Java Developer to be a part of the Engineering team. To learn more about the team, culture, and hiring managers, watch our videos!
- Participate in building Scrum process and agile culture in the company.
- Design, implement, and document new software components. Improve existing software.
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements and contribute to release planning.
- Research new technologies and prototype new ideas.
- Ensure high testability and quality of the delivered software. Work with QA and Operations to troubleshoot and fix defects in the software.
- 7+ years of experience in building software using Java technologies.
- Solid experience with the following technologies: ORM tools – Hibernate, TopLink, or similar.
- SQL skills to access a database from a web application.
- Experience with rule and event engines is a plus.
- Desire to work in collaborative and fast paced agile environment.
- Experience in using Scrum process is a big plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
* Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment