Small Business | San Francisco, CA, United States
A smarter way to borrow and invest
At Lending Club, we’re using technology to lower costs. We pass on the cost savings to borrowers who can get lower rates and investors who can earn solid returns, and we’re radically changing the way credit works. To date more than $3 billion in loans has been originated through the Lending Club platform, with annual volume more than doubling each year. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies in 2011 and 2012, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. Lending Club is based in San Francisco, California. Learn more at: http://www.lendingclub.com.
We are looking for a talented Small Business Relationship Manager to guide small business owners through their Lending Club experience, from loan sales and underwriting to customer service throughout the life of the loan.
- Contact a high volume of applicants via phone and email to guide and encourage them through their loan application, answer questions about our products, and to educate them on the remaining steps in our loan approval process.
- Perform fraud checks and verification by phone. Discuss financial and underwriting questions with the applicant, and convey information back to your Small Business Underwriter for decisioning.
- Own the relationship for the life of the loan. Continue to be the point person your small business owner calls when they need help, and assist them with customer service requiring your specialized knowledge and skill.
- Solid understanding of small business lending. Familiarity with loan terminology, tax returns and financial statements.
- Preferably 3+ years of small business banking sales, at a bank, credit union, or other commercial lender.
- Exceptional phone sales skills, and experience managing a high volume of warm leads per month
- Strong written communication skills. Able to use email as an effective and efficient sales tool
- Outstanding organizational skills. Able to leverage and improve systems to manage a high volume of leads.
- Experienced user of Salesforce and Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's degree from four a year college or university.
- Thrive in fast-paced startup environment
- Passion for transforming small business lending, and helping small businesses access capital quickly, easily, and at good rates.