Computers/Software | San Francisco, CA, United States
Zaarly is a local marketplace that helps skilled and talented people make money doing what they love. Sellers benefit from sales and marketing tools that make their services meaningful and relevant to potential buyers. Buyers benefit from the discovery of amazing local people who can enhance their lives and relationships.
At Zaarly, we’re passionate about empowering people to spend their time doing what’s most important to them. This is reflected in the way we work. We pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun and focused on delivering amazing experiences every day.
Here’s How You Can Help:
Zaarly has done a pretty major overhaul of the entire analytics stack over the past few months. It's still relatively in its infancy but it's an extremely exciting architecture heavily inspired off what the big boys are doing.
The Key responsibilities of the analytics group are:
1) Understand trends of Zaarly users and report on changes to KPIs.
2) Measure as much as is physically possible
3) Provide product with analytical insights that can be used to provide the user a better experience.
Analytics at Zaarly is its own department, working heavily with both the Product and the Marketing teams. This position is for a junior to mid level engineer to work 1-1 with our data scientist.
Requirements and Nice-to-haves:
1) Programming experience in as many of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java, R. Expect to work with many of these.
2) Knowledge of SQL is a must and reasonable experience and knowledge of relational databases would be preferred.
3) Experience in a previous analytics department would be nice but is not a requirement. At the very least a healthy interest in product and marketing analytics would be excellent.
4) Anything from the Hadoop family would be considered a plus.
5) A desire to track everything and a inquisitive appetite towards big data.
Zaarly is a leading online marketplace to discover, hire and work with talented sellers and service providers in your neighborhood. Based in San Francisco, CA, Zaarly is backed by investors, including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sands Capital Ventures, Ashton Kutcher, Felicis Ventures, Bill Lee, Naval Ravikant, Lightbank, SV Angel, Paul Buchheit, Thrive Capital, Marc Ecko and Michael Arrington. Zaarly is currently available on the web, mobile web, Android and iPhone application.
To learn more about us, we encourage you to visit our company page (http://about.zaarly.com) and our Employee Handbook (http://handbook.zaarly.com)