Information Technology | Playa Vista, CA, United States
The EdgeCast Senior Application Support Engineer is an advanced technical individual responsible for addressing and resolving complex application and network problems on the EdgeCast CDN. The Senior Technical Support Engineer needs to have intimate knowledge of the internet and networking protocols along with excellent communication skills, allowing them to perform in-depth troubleshooting of intricate caching and streaming problems directly with customers.
- Be the primary contact for EdgeCast working to resolve technical issues related to EdgeCast’s products and infrastructure as reported by our customers’ technical staff or escalated from the EdgeCast NOC
- Work with various subject matter experts to resolve escalated issues within the time constraints of the defined service level agreements
- Develop methods and best practices for delivering outstanding customer service -- specifically the scripting and automating of tasks where relevant
- Active participation in knowledge creation and sharing internal to the team and wider audience
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for assigned product/service offerings, work with product management to ensure new EdgeCast services/features can be effectively supported
- Bachelors Degree in CS, MIS or relevant engineering/science fields
- 3+ years experience in technical support, engineering, IT or project management working with Internet technologies
- At least 3 years of prior customer-facing experience.
- Possess a full understanding of web environments and architectures along with expert knowledge of HTTP, Flash/WMS, FTP, DNS, and other internet protocols
- Experience with both Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with Perl, Python and other scripting languages
- Experience with RTMP, Apple HLS, Adobe HDS, MPEG DASH, Microsoft Smooth Streaming
- Focus on rich media delivery a plus
- Previous experience in a CDN preferred