Security | Playa Vista, CA, United States
The Security Engineer is a systems focused engineer role that will help build processes and deploy security infrastructure components to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company and client data. This includes a functional role in access control security, operational security, software development security, and compliance. The Security Engineer will also assist with research and development of additional controls to identify misuse of assets, to mitigate compromises, and to perform security troubleshooting.
- Research, test and implement new security technologies and systems
- Research and implement system hardening standards
- Manage and maintain config and patch management system
- Perform network and system audits
- Implement solutions that arise from vulnerability scans
- Candidate will be expected to participate in an on-call rotation
- Assist with creating information security policies
- Define security processes following ITIL and industry best practices
- Participate in the company's Incident Response program
- Implement solutions for day to day network security activities
- Design and build the security infrastructure for multiple projects.
- Implement all changes to security infrastructure in accordance with standard procedures and change control policies and procedures
- Assist with audit and compliance efforts
- Mentor other security engineers and analysts on security best practices.
- 4-year degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent experience) required
- 3+ years’ experience operating as a systems engineer, preferably focused on security, for a large production operation, an ISP, a large scale web application or a similar environment
- Experience interfacing with partner security policies and managing to third party security requirements
- Experience building enterprise security compliance policies in a mixed operating system environment
- Strong experience with Linux and systems hardening
- Proven experience with researching and implementing solutions to solve business problems
- Understanding of TCP/IP, network/system intrusion techniques, firewalls and VPNs
- Security certifications such as: GIAC, CISSP, OSCP, CEH, GPEN preferred
- Project management skills or PMP preferred.
- Strong scripting skills – shell scripting, Ruby, Python, Perl
- Experience working in Web Application Security is a plus
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Results oriented persona with the ability to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
- Energetic and fast paced individual who thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow with the role
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills