Sales | Playa Vista, CA, United States
This individual will act as a trusted advisor for key clients and provide technical guidance on project engagements related to VOD, Linear, Live, TVE, OTT, and/or Dynamic Advertising digital distribution services. This individual must possess a well-established track record for delivering successful client engagements, supporting large, complex projects and building strong client relationships. The position requires extensive experience in the digital distribution environment and emerging technologies with an emphasis on CDN models, network architecture, web applications, API’s and OSS/BSS. Our client engagements will require a consultative approach with a high degree of professionalism, effective oral and written communication with all levels of the client and VZ organization, and strong project management experience.
This role is responsible for managing key client phases of customer engagements with specific emphasis on client system integration, CDN configuration, online video platform and digital store front integrations and related processes. This individual will lead client interactions related to these areas from requirements gathering through workflow design and interface implementation. They will also support the broader PSG team on the client engagement. This role is responsible for overseeing the configuration of client specific application environments, including reviewing technical specifications. On an ongoing basis, this individual will have responsibility to ensure both Product Development and Technology has visibility to customer and industry perspectives.
This individual is responsible for supporting the Sales process where required. In addition, the individual will develop project scope and implementation plans that ensure an efficient and seamless on boarding customer experience. Projects are managed in a matrix environment so this individual will be working with other Professional Service Group associates in providing subject matter expertise based on the scope of the customer requirements.
- Client Relationship Management
- Support Sales and other PSG associates in pre-contract activity related to the technical assessment of client environment
- Develop statements of work for complex engagements
- Serve as a trusted advisor, articulating business issues and solutions in written and oral format
- Participate in managing the client relationship through on-boarding and implementation
- Business Process Advisory
- Provide guidance to other PSG Senior Consultants regarding the alignment of customer requirements to VDMS capabilities, products, and services
- Review and approve customer requirements during the on boarding phase and on an ongoing basis (e.g., customer request for enhanced system integration or related solution development)
- Manage the customer relationship through suggested improvements which would better integrate the customer with VDMS services
- Data and Systems Integration
- Serve as one of the key Professional Services Group Subject Matter Experts with specific emphasis on CDN technologies, Content Management Systems, OSS/BSS integration, and web architecture, development and analytics.
- Ensure projects timelines are met to ensure customer’s systems are integrated according to project plan.
- Where required, support the development of new API’s to offer value added client integration into VDMS
- Technical Configuration Management
- Provide input into technical specifications and encryption, security or asset storage standards
- Manage key relationships with multiple internal organizations to support client on boarding and provisioning requests.
- Participate and advise from the perspective of “voice of the customer” on VDMS related technical discussions
- Support definition and development of applications that further enhance the VDMS product offering.
- Offer technical perspectives of emerging trends in the industry segment
- Support PSG teams with subject matter expertise on multiple engagements
- Work with the management team to proactively identify learning and training opportunities to ensure that PSG personnel meet clients’ expertise expectations
Individual should possess a minimum of 8-10 year’s experience in several of these technical skills and familiarity with most. In addition, skills indicated as “Additional Qualifications” are highly desired.
- Systems Integration and Development
- Experience developing and maintaining a SOA including XML, SOAP, REST,OAUth, OpenID, SAML, JSON, J2EE application design and development including design patterns
- Experience with client-side web technologies (HTML5, CSS, XML, JSON) and prominent libraries such as jQuery, Node.js, JSDom
- Experience delivering video experiences in Flash and HTML5 for a variety of device profiles with various Adaptive Bit Rate technologies (HLS, SMOOTH, HDS, MPEG DASH)
- Experience with the LAMP stack
- Experience with popular Online Video Platforms (OVP) such as Brightcove, Ooyala, Kaltura, Youtube or Vimeo
- Experience working with multiple web application frameworks such as Django, Rails, Spring MVC, Play.
- Experience with online advertising platforms such as Dart, Atlas, FreeWheel, Yume, Adap.tv, Auditude, Liverail
- Experience with virtualized “cloud computing” hosting environment, Specifically: Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, VPC, or Cloudfront),
- Experience with CDN technology: Akamai, Limelight, Level3, EdgeCast
- Experience with packaging encryption, and digital rights management technologies
- Experience with Social Networking Integration
- Experience with HMAC Tokenization
- Familiarity with VAST 3.0 video advertising specification
- Connected TV Development, Game Consoles, Set-top Boxes
- Extensive understanding of video file formats
- Experience working as part of a large development team
- Experience writing shared and reusable components of code
- Experience designing and tuning applications that scale
- Experience with FFMPEG for handling multimedia data or VLC media player
- Experience working with VMware ESX and other virtual environments
- Additional Qualifications:
- eCommerce experience:
- Feel free to attach sample code or a link to your GitHub/SourceForge/Launchpad accounts
- Microsoft .Net platform
- LAMP Platform, including Python, Django and PHP experience
- Mobile OS capabilities including iOS, Android, and Windows Phone