|Senior Software Engineer, Web UI
Mountain View, CA, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Bubble Motion (www.bubblemotion.com), a Sequoia Capital funded start-up headquartered in Mountain View, California, is pioneering a new method of communication – voice SMS. Bubble Motion provides advanced voice applications to mobile carriers around the world. We have already announced partnerships with seven carriers in seven countries, with more carriers being deployed now. Bubble Motion’s flagship product, BubbleTALK, works on any handheld, on any network in the world, requires no handheld client to download, and does not require a subscription. The service has proven to be extremely viral and successful in the markets where we have launched.
With success securely under our belt, Bubble Motion is ramping up our operations to deliver next generation of BubbleTALK family of products and services.
As a Senior Web User Interface Software Engineer, you will help shape the direction of Bubble Motion’s innovative web applications, which build upon our voice messaging products and bring their presence online. You will have a broad scope, ranging from user-facing features to server-side components and libraries. The web applications you develop must be intuitive, fast, reliable, and must also delight and inspire our users.
- 7+ years of software development experience;
- Strong dynamic Web UI design and development experience
- Extensive knowledge of Model-View-Controller designs, Web UI development toolkits, Ajax programming, browser plug-ins, and browser variances
- Familiarity with session management, voice-enabled widgets, internationalization and localization, fast development cycles and/or Extreme programming
- Previous experience large consumer sites and/or communication applications preferred
- Strong architecture skills, ability to design and architect with proven skills in design through to implementation
- Strong debugging skills and understanding performance issues in user interface designs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, willing to work with a great degree of complexity and autonomy
- Philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement over ivory-tower or complex-architecture projects
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, SIP, HTTP), W3C/Web standards and network/sockets programming a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent