|Senior Software Engineer, Server Platform
Mountain View, CA, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Bubble Motion (www.bubblemotion.com), a Sequoia Capital funded start-up headquartered in Mountain View, California, is pioneering a new method of communication – voice SMS. Bubble Motion provides advanced voice applications to mobile carriers around the world. We have already announced partnerships with seven carriers in seven countries, with more carriers being deployed now. Bubble Motion’s flagship product, BubbleTALK, works on any handheld, on any network in the world, requires no handheld client to download, and does not require a subscription. The service has proven to be extremely viral and successful in the markets where we have launched.
With success securely under our belt, Bubble Motion is ramping up our operations to deliver next generation of BubbleTALK family of products and services.
As a Senior Server Platform Software Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing Bubble Motion’s innovative next generation voice messaging server products. The server platform that you develop must be high performance, secure, scalable, reliable and low maintenance.
- 4 - 6 years of distributed system and application development experience;
- Strong development experience in C++ in Unix/Linux environment;
- Extensive experience in programming with TCP/UDP sockets level;
- Strong and proven architecture skills with deep understanding of large-scale concurrent user access systems development and deployment
- Strong debugging skills and understanding of performance issues in large distributed systems
- Familiarity and practical development experience with database design and interface with SQL (mySQL preferred), internationalization / localization;
- Familiarity with asynchronous messaging and SMS application development experience is a plus;
- Previous experience with large consumer sites and/or communication applications preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, willing to work with a great degree of complexity and be able to work in a fast pace development environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent