Has an amazing opportunity for highly motivated individual to join our Distribution Center team on a full-time basis. If you are fast on your feet, and love handling all the cool gear we sell from the time it enters our doors to the time it leaves, this job could be for you…consider it more like pre shopping and less like work!
Our mission at Backcountry, why we exist, is to connect people to their passions. Backcountry.com is the leading online retailer of premium outdoor gear. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate eight online specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Dogfunk, SteepandCheap, WhiskeyMilitia, and Chainlove.
We offer the opportunity of a lifetime where you can connect your career with your passions. Our mission – connect people to their passions - begins with our team members. We live and breathe the outdoor lifestyle, whether on land or water, snow or sand, road or trail. We seek out and hire the most amazing talent we can find to come be innovative, fresh, and inspiring to take us to the next level of being THE global leader in outdoor specialty retail.
About the Job
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Read and audit labels
- Identify, count, and sort packages and inventory with a high level of accuracy
- Understand and differentiate between shipping methods and sort packages accordingly
- Use automated packaging equipment
- Participate in team meetings, follow guidance, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Maintain a clean work space
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in LEAN initiatives
- Six months distribution center experience
- Verbal and Written comprehension of the English Language
- Basic math skills
- Computer skills including familiarity with the internet and e-mail; ability to work with hand held computer device
- If assigned to drive the shuttle truck or van, requires an acceptable driving record and medical examination certificate (we will provide) to operate a commercial vehicle
- High School Equivalency
- Experience operating power industrial equipment (for example, standing order picker or forklift)
- Six months of experience in Distribution Center
S, M, T, W: 12:30pm-11:00pm
S, M, TH, F: 12:30pm-11:00pm
We Use the Gear We Sell
We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k with a company match! And… have we mentioned the perks yet? We USE the GEAR we SELL. All team members are eligible for our amazing discount on gear – on Backcountry and our other sites, via pro forms, and through local retailers and partners in all of our locations.
We're a casual dress, fun, thriving dot-com with a great work environment and plenty of growth in our future for us and for you. Yes, there is more. A gear closet to fuel your passion to try new things before buying the gear yourself, adventure contests and leave to go explore, gold point recognition program with redemptions ranging from gear gift cards to ski passes. Does that appeal to you? It’s about a lifestyle, not just a job, and we support our team members in as many aspects of life as possible all while connecting them to their passions so we may better connect our customers with their passions.
Check us out in action here:
We are an Equal Opportunity & E-verify Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screen (for distribution center employees).