Accounting | Nairobi
Our client is the umbrella company which owns and manages various internationally acclaimed fashion brands that meet the needs and preferences of a varied market segment.
To provide a full range of financial, compliance, and operational audits, business advisory and consultation services, investigations, internal control structures, accountability, and use of resources.
- Evaluate, and examine policies, procedures and systems in place to protect assets of the company.
- Evaluate the reliability and integrity of information and the efficient and effective use of resources
- Report audit results and make recommendations to management, follow up on the progress of implementation of recommendations as a result of the reports
- Participate in process and internal control improvement initiatives.
- Confer with management staff on a wide range internal audit issues.
- Assist individuals who perform operational and financial activities with risk assessments and action plans in their responsibility areas to heighten awareness of major exposures, loss potential, and /or transactional anomalies and facilitate discussions of practical ways to manage or avoid them.
- Maintain a working relationship with external auditors.
- Demonstrate high standards of conduct and ethics as well as appropriate judgment, independence and discretion.
- Attend senior staff meetings, Board meetings, and various system meetings as appropriate
- Compose, type, and maintain correspondence, reports, and various other materials and projects. Submit reports and documents as deemed necessary.
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the company’s objectives and goals to be met
- Report risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the audit committee and provide recommendations for improving the company's operations, in terms of both efficient and effective performance
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures
- Evaluate regulatory compliance with consultation from legal counsel
- Maintains open communication with management and the Board audit committee
- Engage in continuous education and staff development of audit issues
- Three years of experience planning and directing audits
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in accounting, finance, public administration or related field.
- Experience with public entities and Boards.
- Possession of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of audit procedures, including risk driven audit planning techniques and methods used to examine, verify, and analyze business and financial operations, information, records, statements, and reports
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and techniques of accounting, and of financial records and transactions
- Financial Accountability: Ability to understand financial process and their inter relationships.
- Contributing to Business Success: Seeks audit solutions that address business needs.
- Financial Ethics: Understanding and following ethical financial management and accounting principles.
- Information/Records Administration: Knowledge of appropriate data collection policy and procedures, filing systems, data management systems, and programs. Ability to compile, assimilate, organize, and store printed and electronic information. Ability to review, compile and analyze information to prepare reports.
- Delivering a Professional Service: Delivers a professional Audit service that contributes to Organizational effectiveness
- Responding to Customer Needs: Seeks to understand customer requirements and deliver services that are responsive to diverse customer needs.
« Back to Openings