Senior Personal Secretary
Administrative | Nairobi
Our client is seeking a Senior Secretary to work in the public sector. The successful candidate should be used to working in a highly confidential environment. S/he should have a high level of integrity, honesty and should have high moral principles.
- Recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing it in typewritten form;
- Typing from drafts, manuscripts or recording from dictation machines;
- Processing data;
- Operating office equipment;
- Attending to visitors/clients;
- Handling telephone calls and appointment;
- Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents, including classified materials;
- Preparing responses to simple routine correspondence;
- Undertaking any other secretarial duties that may be assigned.
- A minimum period of three (3) years working experience.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in secretarial Studies or a Bachelor of Business and office management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution or Diploma in Secretarial Studies from KNEC or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution. OR
- The following qualifications from the Kenya National Examinations Council:
- Shorthand III (minimum 110 p.m.)
- Typewriting III (50 w.p.m)/Computerized document processing III
- Business English III/Office Administration and Management III; and
- Secretarial Duties III; and
- A certificate in computer applications (Windows, Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms-Access and internet) from a recognized institution.
« Back to Openings