Spokeo is searching for a handful of supremely talented, extremely passionate programmers to help us usher in the next phase of our development. We've spent years agonizing over the best way to construct an elegant, simplistic, yet highly powerful people search engine, the fruits of which have only recently become very real and very relevant to the way public data is surfaced on the web. In order to perfect our suite of products and take Spokeo to the next level, we need you, assuming you're an awesome back-end web developer.
On the Spokeo backend, engineers get a chance to work with very large data sets, with hundreds of millions of records each. Not only that, but we're collecting data from a wide range of public sources, so merging, organizing, and querying these data sets becomes a major challenge. Needless to say, Spokeo deals with problems of ginormous scale, so a strong understanding and appreciation for algorithms and efficiency is desired. These are tasks that you generally won't see on a day-to-day basis, so get excited.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with high performance, high traffic web systems
- Experience with modern 'big data' technology such as ElasticSearch, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc
- A solid understanding of OO design and all Computer Science fundamentals
- Top Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Stock Options
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Nerf Gun Armory
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool
- Mental and Spiritual Fulfillment
Thank you for considering a career at Spokeo. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.