Athletic Coaches at The Village School
Other | Houston, TX
Seasonal coaches for Fall, Winter, Spring seasons
Provides technical expertise in coaching the assigned athletic activity. Works with assistant athletic directors & director of athletics on evaluating program needs (supplies, equipment, uniforms, etc)
- Responsible for maintaining an active team roster. Provides copies to both Athletic Director and Athletic Assistant.
- Encourages student involvement in program activities.
- Establishment of “Coaching Meetings” used to help parents and student understand program objectives.
- Responsible for the preparing and communicating ALL practice and game schedules to the Athletic office in a timely manner. Coordinates activities with the school calendar, providing copies of each to both the Athletic Director and Athletic Assistant.
- Assists with procurement of transportation and game officials as needed.
- Recruits, trains, and supervise student managers.
- Provides guidance, communicates high expectations, and shows and active interest in student progress.
- Responsible for the management of student scholastic eligibility & physical exams.
- Reports student discipline problems, vandalism and other related concerns to the athletic administration in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing program budget.
- Responsible for generating program revenues through sponsorship and approved fundraising opportunities.
- Effectively uses verbal, nonverbal, writing, and listening skills.
« Back to Openings