Senior Software Engineer, Web Applications
Software Engineering | Oakland, CA
Ask.com is the #1 brand focused on answering questions. We answer the questions of over 227 million people worldwide across the Ask Networks. We have one of the highest-quality and most useful Q&A databases on the Web with more than 400 million Q&A pairs - growing by the millions each week. We are a new group of web developers who are looking to create product/tools for our initiatives that drive most of our company revenue and traffic acquisition. We are serious about creating and maintaining a great culture and are looking for great people to come join our team.
Ask.com is looking for a self-motivated, experienced software engineer who has a passion for both client and server-side development. The position requires interaction with the business to analyze and provide robust technical solutions to business problems. We are looking for someone who can work in a creative dynamic environment while prototyping and building new solutions.
- Analyze and design solutions to meet business needs
- End-to-end development
- Write clean, well-tested, maintainable code
- Be responsible to write proper test cases and automate the software
- Keep up to date with new web technologies
- BA/BS in computer science, computer engineering or related technical field and 5+ years experience in job offered or computer-related occupation.
- Strong OO design and coding skills in an Object Oriented Language - Java – 5+ years experience
- Familiarity with web frameworks such as Spring MVC along with templating using JSP/Velocity and XML, JSON data formats
- Cross-browser compatibility expertise
- Proficiency with data structures, algorithm analysis and design
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Junit, TestNG, Selenium
- Experience with SQL (MySQL) or non-SQL(Redis/MongoDB) databases – a plus
- Python, Shell Scripting – a plus
- Comfortable working in agile work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills at the business and technical level
- Self-directed, independent and with strong work ethic, commitment and team spirit
« Back to Openings