Director, SEM Analytics
SEO/SEM | Oakland, CA
The Director of SEM Analytics will lead a team of results-oriented analysts to use performance trends and keyword characteristics to drive business decisions. You’ll work with Inform Media Group’s diverse portfolio of sites (Ask.com, About.com, Shop411.com, Pronto.com, and others), developing testing strategies to optimize each domain’s unique KPIs.
You’ll be a visionary taking us in new directions and helping us understand how auction and market factor impact performance in order to maximize portfolio potential. The ideal candidate is excited by both analytics and business challenges, innovative, a demonstrated leader and driven professional. You should be excited to lead a team that directly contributes meaningful revenue to the bottom line.
- Guide a team of analysts to improve portfolio performance through A/B testing, trend analysis and investigation of ad marketplace trends.
- Mentor individuals of diverse backgrounds to improve their knowledge of both statistics / analytics as well as online marketing
- Investigate and understand the impact of systemic and seasonal factors on performance.
- Drive innovation in our bidding systems and constantly push the envelope to improve our home-grown systems.
- Constantly look toward the future and plan for innovation to our systems and practices.
- Work with the SEM technical team to initiate and spec new features for the Ask SEM automated platform.
- MA degree (PhD preferred) in Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing or a related field
- At least 4 years experience in online marketing, search analytics, or a related field
- History of success in leading teams and managing complex systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of statistical modeling and analytical techniques
- SQL knowledge and experience required. Knowledge of R or other such programs / languages is preferred.
- Top notch communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills – ability to convey complex findings to a lay audience
- Strong problem solving, time-management, and project-management skills
- Extremely analytical, detail oriented, and organized, with the ability to consistently multitask
« Back to Openings