Software Engineer – Java and Hadoop
Software Engineering | Oakland, CA
The Answers and Search Technology team has developed core technologies such as Answer Farms, Smart Answers and is responsible for the complete Ask.com Answers Technology suite. The Software Engineer will help develop our next generation answers and search technologies that will enable users to find direct answer for their questions. It's an exciting and challenging mission with the issues such as learning the user intention, understanding the web data, question and answer extraction, question generation, and answer quality evaluation, etc. You will be working with a highly talented team of hard core engineers using latest technologies and frameworks such as Apache SOLR, Hadoop, HBase, Redis to solve various problems. The Role
You will build cutting edge intelligence services in the search platform and improve existing Answer and Search Technologies for quality user experience. You
You have 2+ years under your belt as a Software Engineer with strong fundamentals in core Java and experience with Hadoop. A Masters Degree in CS or equivalent from accredited universities is a must and a PhD is a plus. Your Task
- Actively participate in exploring platforms and solutions to help improve ranking and user experience around Answer search results.
- Build data models and algorithms to provide data insights.
- Build high performance systems and platforms, which can scale and sustain everyday high traffic.
- Actively participate in complete development cycle, test data production, output evaluation and system tuning.
- Strong object oriented concepts and core Java knowledge.
- Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Unix Shell Scripts/Tools.
- Experience working in Multi-threading environment.
- Experience with Hadoop/Map Reduce.
- Experience with SOLR/Lucene.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as HBase, Riak, Redis is a huge plus.
- Industrial experience with focus on information retrieval, machine learning, data processing and analysis is a big plus.
« Back to Openings