EF Educational Tours – Tours Creative Group
Cambridge, MA, USA
We are entrepreneurs. We are a global, organically collaborative, and mature organization. We are the world’s largest privately held education company. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture and geography for a broad range of environments and people.
To keep up with our worldwide growth, we are looking to hire an Email Designer for our Cambridge, Massachusetts, office who wants to make a difference, inspire others, and see the world.
SPECIFICSThis email design expert will be a key part of the growing email design team in the Tours Creative Group (TCG), the in-house creative agency for EF Educational Tours. Through collaboration with marketing teams, copywriters and other designers, the candidate will strategize, brainstorm, concept and execute designs and then develop HTML for multiple product brands within the EF Educational Tours family. The role requires the ability to design for desktop, webmail and mobile platforms — all in accordance with business needs and brand standards. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for effective email marketing, proficiency in email standards and best practices, and experience with detailed testing to ensure seamless rendering. The Email Designer will be part of a team that is consistently providing creative solutions for both long-term and short-term initiatives. In addition, he or she will be flexible, have a positive attitude, and work well under pressure with multiple deadlines.
EF is a large company with a small company feel. We foster a highly collaborative working environment, which encourages ideas from every member of the team. With the support of senior management, project managers and a skilled cross-functional team, the Email Designer has ample opportunities for creative experimentation and professional growth.
- Design and build emails that are compelling and engaging.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional project team to facilitate brainstorm and working sessions.
- Work with, and appropriately involve, key stakeholders and the project team for buy-in and sign-off on design milestones. Collaborate. Collaborate. And collaborate again.
- Create complete design solutions that address business, brand and user requirements.
- Play a flexible role across our products.
- Own your design vision from concept through HTML development, working closely with product, other creatives and marketing.
- 1-3+ years professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related industry experience preferred
- A passion for email
- Superb design skills with ability to adhere to brand guidelines
- Strong strategic and problem solving skills, as well as solid active listening and communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively and creatively within a team environment as well as independently
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Dreamweaver
- Experience with HTML and CSS. HTML 5 experience a plus
- General knowledge of email best practices and standards preferred, but willingness to learn is acceptable with a passionate candidate
- Experience designing responsive email is a plus
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Comfortable presenting designs both formally and informally
- Willingness to travel internationally (potentially 1-2 weeks travel per year)
- Understanding of opportunities and constraints of multiple platforms (web, smartphone, tablet)
- And a sense of humor….
EF Educational Tours offers international learning opportunities designed to provide students with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites as they study them. For more information, visit www.eftours.com.
EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to break down barriers of language, culture, and geography. To date, EF has helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://www.ef.com/careers.
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer