Sr. SEO Manager
The Sr. SEO Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of Auction.com’s SEO strategy, the growth of our organic traffic, and the tactical implementation of SEO initiatives to increase organic search traffic on the Auction.com site. The ideal candidate, given the position’s high impact & visibility, is passionate about figuring out how search engines work, and is passionate about digital marketing. The Sr. SEO Manager will work closely with the business units, product management and development teams, as well as the broader Marketing team to implement the initiatives underlying the SEO strategy. He/she will be responsible for the ongoing reporting of performance and measurement against all such initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a leader and have a high personal standard of excellence with a drive for results, a proactive 'can-do' attitude and will be a hands-on go-getter.
- Partner with Engineering, Development and Creative Services to help inform site architecture, new page designs, and content creation with user experience and SEO best practices in mind.
- Develop and ensure implementation of best practice guidelines and documentation for use by content developers, editors and engineering (as related to SEO, site structure and architecture)
- Develop and implement holistic and organic link acquisition strategies from a plethora of sources (i.e. blue collar outreach, strategic partnerships, content syndication etc.).
- Serve as the subject matter expert in new developments, trends and technologies within the Search space, especially the changes in Google and Bing's algorithms and new developments such as the knowledge graph, carousel, universal search etc.
- Have a sound understanding of off-page SEO best practices and how recent (and future) algorithmic updates (such as the Penguin update) impact the link building process.
- Identify and recommend new opportunities for improving organic search rankings, traffic and conversions.
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of 'hands-on' Internet marketing experience with proven track record of successful SEO strategy and implementation and effectively building and managing SEO campaigns: Architecture, Structure, Content Building, HTML Tags, Link Building.
- Should have prior experience managing and building organic traffic for web properties with over 1MM pages and getting more than 1MM+ UV/month.
- Strong knowledge of secondary digital marketing avenues such as SEM, conversion metrics, Social media, and web development and have ability to identify new market opportunities to maximize traffic growth.
- Excellent web analytical skills and experience using monitoring and reporting tools like Bright Edge, Conductor, Google Analytics, Omniture SiteCatalyst, Webmaster Tools, SEO Moz etc.
- Basic knowledge of different CMS’s and their pros/cons (Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, Mambo, Adobe).
- Keen business acumen understanding the challenges of a real estate business to provide strategic SEO vision and direction.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and project management skills; Works well under pressure and able to meet strict deadlines.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Must be self-motivated and independent, well-organized, able to do hands-on work with minimum supervision and work well with all staff levels.
- Ability to thrive in a highly visible fast paced team environment, managing multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to develop and evangelize technical SEO specifications to be shared with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Have strong Business Development and Selling skills.
- Have exceptional communication and presentation skills, and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to get your work done across cross-functional teams and various business units.
- Have a sound understanding of all on-page SEO best practices such as user content optimization, meta-data optimization, SEO-friendly site architecture (i.e. URL structure, internal linking, SEO-best practices for content pages etc.).