User Experience Prototyper / UI Engineer
Auction.com is looking for a Prototyper / UI Engineer to work with our design team to envision, create, and test the next generation of the world’s largest online real estate marketplace.
- Deliver engaging and functional prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies
- Support A/B testing with multiple variations on a given feature
- Help to extend and maintain our UI component library
- Ensure that prototypes function correctly across a variety of environments, using techniques such as responsive design and CSS themes
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Assist front-end engineers with final development of Auction.com products
- Help establish a unified prototyping environment
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- 5+ years experience in interaction design and web application development
- Demonstrated understanding and use of semantic web design principles
- Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Knowledge of the appropriate use and limitations of latest web technologies, including HTML5, CSS3, and popular libraries such as Bootstrap, AngularJS, and jQuery.
- SCSS experience a plus.
- Knowledge of design tools such as OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Fireworks, or Illustrator
- Ability to communicate ideas to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Experience designing e-commerce applications is preferred
- Experience developing in-house UI component libraries a plus
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM).
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related field or equivalent experience. Master’s preferred.