Develops, publishes, and implements test plans for complex, multi-tier, distributed, applications throughout the full lifecycle of the software. Writes and maintains test automation. Publishes test results, Develops quality assurance standards. Defines and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts. Deliver solutions on schedule, and in accordance with user requirements, departmental standards and procedures. Specific Duties:
- Defines scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing.
- Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing
- Experience testing iOS and Mobile apps. Android a plus.
- Responsible for the overall success of testing. Manages assigned projects from IT Quality Testing through final User Acceptance Testing.
- Establishes the purpose and deliverables of the test effort.
- Provides resource planning, management and resolution of issues that impede the test effort.
- Assures the appropriate level of quality by the resolution of important defects by working with developers to ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of testing.
- Creates effective manual and automated test plans, using a variety of toolsets.
- Performs white box testing as required.
- Works collaboratively with development during all stages of projects to provide in process testing results.
- Coordinates groups of business personnel who test, evaluate and validate new functions and applications, and identify issues in software or services.
- Records and reports on testing metrics.
- Obtains final signoff for code releases to production from the appropriate Project Sponsor.
- Track and report defects using appropriate tools.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle including requirements definition, initial application design, testing, final implementation and operations
- Oral Communication Skills – ability to speak clearly and intelligently using appropriate words and tone
- Written Communication Skills – ability to write legibly using appropriate words, grammar, and sentence structure. Demonstrated background in writing formal letters and creating documents
- PC Skills - ability to work effectively with PCs, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office desktop applications (Word, Excel, SQL Analyzer, PowerPoint) and email.
- Business Sense – general understanding of business operations, departments, and practices
- Customer Service Oriented – ability to interact professionally with all levels, both within the company and outside the company. Willingness to be flexible in terms of tasks and work hours.
- Detail Oriented – conscientious attitude to ensure that work is done correctly, including excellent follow-through.
- Organization Skills – strong ability to coordinate meetings and events, file and retrieve documents, manage time wisely, and organize personal and department workspace