Senior Java / PHP Engineer - OMS
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA
If you like working on high volume systems that handle hundreds of millions of dollars annually in eCommerce transactions and process every single printed product that Shutterfly makes, this role is for you.
The Shutterfly Order Management System (OMS) is a high volume transactional system that maintains and processes all orders for Shutterfly’s brands. This includes the key areas of order routing, billing and order calculations, shipping optimization, rendering, maintenance and reporting, fulfillment interaction, customer service and production designer tooling. Each of these key engineering areas are critical within the Shutterfly supply chain to ensure our loyal customer base receive the right products at the right time in the most efficient and cost effective way.
As an engineer on the OMS team, you will participate in the development, redesign and augmentation of the order management systems at Shutterfly. You should be a great team player with a background in web services or middleware and back-end technologies developing and supporting the order domain at eCommerce companies with high order volume.
- Build and design components and web services to support order management
- Interface with architecture team, ecommerce, operations, fulfillment partners, customer service and lab engineering to gather requirements to build new features and functionality within the OMS critical to support technical initiatives
- Develop calculations and algorithms to optimize shipping times, reduce costs through order consolidation, and other related calculations by working with operations
- Perform functional decomposition of architecture requirements and processes into reusable REST-based SOA models
- Troubleshoot and support all order related issues both customer facing as well as with Shutterfly partners interfacing with the OMS
Key Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years experience developing commercial applications
- Strong functional and domain experience with enterprise level processes and requirements within order management and fulfillment
- Strong object oriented design and modeling in Java Technology stack, PHP and PHP OO libraries like Zend Framework, Symphony, CakePHP, or similar frameworks
- Strong SQL development and design skills
- Extensive experience with large MySQL databases and complicated structures (merge tables, replication, etc.)
- Ability to write and consume web services and REST services
- Applied knowledge and experience with highly concurrent and multithreaded applications in Java, Spring and open source java frameworks
- Strong knowledge and experience with data representation and formats including XML, JSON, binary etc.
- Strong understanding of integration patterns and pattern-based designs
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing, dynamic environment
- Willingness to have fun
- BS/MS in Computer Science highly desirable