Engineering | Coffeyville, KS, United States
Senior Process Engineer to perform all functions of Process Engineer, as well as the following: The Senior Process Engineer will be accountable for selected process area support. With limited supervision, the Senior Process Engineer should manage one or more special projects that will affect the day to day operation and long term profitability of the refinery. The Senior Process Engineer will be able to provide PFD updates, process modeling, and process safety/MOC/HAZOP/PSV evaluation.. The Senior Process Engineer will interface with outside consultants and venders. The Senior Process Engineer will also provide mentoring to entry level Process Engineers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of six years engineering experience required
- Minimum of three years of combined refinery process engineering and refinery operations experience required This experience must include a broad range of process unit technologies
- Strong computer skills with Excel and Word.
- Knowledge and skills with process simulation software, such as PRO-II, HYSYS or PROMAX
- Experience with capital and operating cost estimating and economic analysis.
- Strong mathematical, reasoning, and problem solving skills with the ability to create/edit P&ID's and PFDs.
- Fluent in English, oral and written required
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet business needs
- Provide Technical Support for Plant Operations.
- May be assigned to a specific unit(s) within the Refinery with responsibilities of daily monitoring and troubleshooting of the area(s), process optimization, design and development of capital projects.
- Level of supervision will depend on the complexity of projects.
- Mentor and, at times, provide supervision to engineers and technicians in the refinery.
- Propose new work procedures that will impact efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist the group in development of Key Process Indicators and other process monitoring tools.
- Help prioritize group projects and activities and coordinate with overall refinery needs. .
- Assist with the group interaction with other Refinery groups (Safety, Environmental, Operations, Controls, Economics and Purchasing), including identification of key compliance requirements and product specifications.
- Assist with the group interaction with outside vendors, contract process engineering services, and Industry Groups.
- Develop or assist in individual equipment specifications and provide recommendations on technology and bid selection.
- Within his/her sphere of responsibility, insure drawing reviews and specific Management Of Change Orders are reviewed on a timely basis.
- Participate in equipment inspections, process safety reviews and process hazard analysis.
- Participate in refinery turnarounds, including any required 24 hr shift coverage and support for individual process callout requirements.
- Regularly communicate with supervisor work progress, concerns and questions.
CVR Energy is an EEO and affirmative action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply.
- Measurable efficient and effective workflow for Process assignment area
- Improved process indicators and tools for the Process assignment area
- Effective communication and leadership for the Process assignment area
- Ongoing customer satisfaction from other refinery unit managers and employees
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures