Data/Analytics | Redwood City, CA
Storm8 is looking for world class Data Analyst to help us develop the next generation of mobile social games! We are looking for fun, energetic people who have a passion for building great products and bringing our games to life. So, if you think you have the chops to deliver something unique come talk to us!
) is the leader in social mobile gaming with an ever-growing portfolio of 40+ games across 5 brands. We have 600+ million installs across 400+ million devices and are self-funded, profitable and have recently been chosen by San Francisco Business Times as the winner of the “Tech & Innovation Award” in the “Best Gaming/Entertainment” category. Responsibilities
- Design algorithms on our extensive data set to identify product optimizations.
- Design distributed algorithms for efficient data retrieval and computation.
- Work with product and analytics teams to test hypothesis, answer key questions, create reports and dashboards.
About Storm8:Founded in 2009, Storm8, Inc. is the leading mobile gaming network, developer and publisher of social games for iOS and Android. With more than 50 million monthly active users and 600 million total downloads to date, Storm8 is also home to three innovative brands: TeamLava, Shark Party and FireMocha. Under these brands, Storm8 has amassed a network of more than 200 million devices worldwide and continues to create engaging mobile social games that span genres – from social arcade hits Bubble Mania and Jewel Mania, to social casual games like Bakery Story and Dragon Story, to MMORPGs like World War, and iMobsters, and social casino games like Slots and Bingo!
- M.S./Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Math, Statistics, Operation Research, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering) and 3-5 years of experience.
- Past experience in designing and implementing distributed and product optimization algorithms.
- Expert knowledge of SQL-related languages (SQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Hadoop, Hive, etc) and Statistical Packages (SAS, MATLAB).
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects.
« Back to Openings