Data/Analytics | Redwood City, CA
Storm8 is looking for world class Data Engineers to help us develop the next generation of mobile social games! We are looking for fun, energetic people who have a passion for building great products and bringing our games to life. So, if you think you have the chops to deliver something unique come talk to us!
) is the leader in social mobile gaming with an ever-growing portfolio of 40+ games across 5 brands. We have 400+ million installs across 200+ million devices and are self-funded, profitable and have recently been chosen by San Francisco Business Times as the winner of the “Tech & Innovation Award” in the “Best Gaming/Entertainment” category. Responsibilities
- Strong coding ability and familiarity with OOP languages.
- Develop infrastructure to process data for analytical and predictive use cases
- Aggressively collect and respond to data related to product
- Collaborate closely with engineering, product, graphics, and game
design teams to define our next generation games
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field preferred
- Strong programming experience/skills (Java, PHP, C++, etc).
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive
- Passion for data mining and manipulation for large data sets
- Ability to learn different technologies and programming languages quickly
- Previous experience in a gaming environment is a plus
Founded in 2009, Storm8, Inc. is the leading developer of social games for iOS and Android, with more than 400 million total downloads to date. Storm8 is also home to three innovative brands: TeamLava, Shark Party and FireMocha. Under these brands, Storm8 has amassed a network of over 200 million devices worldwide and continues to create engaging mobile social games that span genres – from casual arcade hits Bubble Mania and Jewel Mania, to social casual games like Pet Shop Story, Restaurant Story, Bakery Story and Dragon Story, to MMORPGs like World War, iMobsters and Vampires Live, to social casino games like Slots and Bingo.
« Back to Openings