Game Designer (Puzzle Games)
Game Design | Redwood City, CA
Storm8 is looking for world class Puzzle Game Designer to help us develop the next generation of mobile social games! We are looking for fun, energetic people who have a passion for building great products and bringing our games to life. So, if you think you have the chops to deliver something unique come talk to us!
) is the leader in social mobile gaming with an ever-growing portfolio of 40+ games across 5 brands. We have 600+ million installs across 400+ million devices and are self-funded, profitable and have recently been chosen by San Francisco Business Times as the winner of the “Tech & Innovation Award” in the “Best Gaming/Entertainment” category.
- Design puzzles and level layouts for casual games
- Analyze live game data to constantly improve the player experience and optimize game levels
- Write specification documents for new games or game features
- Improve monetization and retention of live games through well-designed game features, difficulty tuning, and hypothesis testing
- Contribute designs for gameplay features, puzzle obstacles, and monetization features
- Deconstruct and analyze successful mechanics and systems in competing mobile & social games
- Playtest games in development extensively
- Manage game item and level definitions in a SQL database
- Work directly with engineers, product managers, and other game development disciplines throughout the game’s lifecycle
- You LOVE to play mobile games in the Puzzle and Arcade genres
- Worked on 1+ shipped game in a game design role
- Puzzle design experience in a casual game a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree, preference for study in an analytic field or game design
- Strong analytical capabilities and strategic thinker
- Understanding of what makes games fun and the current mobile gaming marketplace
- Excellent sense of game pacing and play balance in free to play games
- Excellent communication skills, including both verbal and written communication
- Ability to adapt to changes during the entire production cycle
Founded in 2009, Storm8, Inc. is the leading developer of social games for iOS and Android, with more than 600 million total downloads to date. Storm8 is also home to three innovative brands: TeamLava, Shark Party and FireMocha. Under these brands, Storm8 has amassed a network of over 400 million devices worldwide and continues to create engaging mobile social games that span genres – from casual arcade hits Bubble Mania and Jewel Mania, to social casual games like Pet Shop Story, Restaurant Story, Bakery Story and Dragon Story, to MMORPGs like World War, iMobsters and Vampires Live, to social casino games like Slots and Bingo.
« Back to Openings