Patient Care Assoc, Per Diem Float Casual-AVH
Patient Care / Services | Natrona Heights, PA
Job Number: 35550
Location: Allegheny Valley Hospital
Allegheny Valley Hospital in Natrona Heights has long been known for providing the highest quality medical care available. The 228-bed hospital serves as the inpatient facility and offers a broad spectrum of programs, including medical and surgical services, inpatient psychiatric care and geriatric psychiatric care, cardiology, orthpaedics and cancer care. Outpatient care is offered at outpatient care centers throughout the community in New Kensington, Natrona Heights and Vandergrift, all providing a range of diagnostic services.
Department: Float Pool
Status: Casual, Rotating all shifts
Job Summary: Under the direction of a licensed nurse, provides for the care, safety, comfort and personal needs of patients.
- Provides and documents direct patient care and activities, such as activities of daily living, vital signs, specimen collection, assistance with exams, treatments and procedures.
- Communicates changes in patient's physical, mental and emotional conditions, as well as any issues or concerns identified by family, to nursing staff.
- Participates in unit activities such as supplies stocking, patient transport, and equipment/appliance cleaning, checks and retrieval.
- Participates in, and documents, patient care and safety rounds.
- Six months previous patient care experience or minimum one year completed clinicals thru nursing school required.
- Prefers previous nursing aid experience.