Director of Strategy
The Director of Strategy is responsible for constantly refining and evolving the strategic process at kbs+ and BabyRobot (our in-house digital division), as well as staffing, managing and directing the future strategy team. You are happiest getting your hands dirty, leading strategic efforts for major projects, new business pitches and ongoing client relationships.
As the Director of Strategy, you will work closely with varying levels of client, internal and external cross-functional teams. You will facilitate sessions with anyone, from c-suite executives to creative directors to junior developers, inspiring creativity and focusing insights comfortably. Your briefs will be tight and pointed, your decks, informative and succinct and your perspective sought after rather than avoided.
You currently have deep digital experience and are well versed in both brand and communication planning. You have first-hand experience with qualitative and quantitative research and aren’t afraid to dive into digital analytics or server logs. You ground all of your strategic prototypes, proposals, segments and ecosystems in sound research that you’ve conducted yourself or with trusted partners.
Your curiosity and creativity often inspire unusual approaches, yet you strive to validate every strategic decision, regardless of when it occurs in the process.
You will be the ‘validator’ of all creative concepts, working with creative leadership team to ensure that we stay the course and all creative plays back to the original strategy.
- Define scope and recommend appropriate strategic resources and allocations for projects.
- Proactively identify new opportunities for client growth, enforce processes, provide quality assurance and implement best practices across all engagements.
- Support new business pitches by developing strong, compelling stories based on insights.
- Grow and maintain relationships with key clients identifying new, unmet needs and introducing new opportunities accordingly.
- Lead development of agency’s strategic POV, processes and best practices.
- Identify business and marketing hurdles, industry drivers and competitive dynamics.
- Perform or direct research and analyze trends/results to determine strategic implications.
- Lead stakeholder interviews and facilitate workshops to obtain knowledge of brand, marketing and business objectives.
- Conduct analysis of multiple solution options, develop and recommend a strategic approach that meet clients’ objectives, applies customer insights and enables clients to compete effectively.
- Author various client deliverables suitable for the engagement, including research plans, creative briefs, brand strategy, communication strategy, and digital strategy presentations, roadmaps and recommendations and measurement frameworks.
- Develop creative briefs that inspire clients and creative teams alike to generate breakthrough ideas and implementation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project teams to motivate, create and implement short and long-term integrated marketing strategies.
The Obvious Bits
- Strong leadership, social, interpersonal, selling and negotiation skills
- Ability to write reports, presentations, and general business correspondence
- Ability to independently problem solve
- Strong communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Perfect written and spoken English (French gets you bonus points)
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume and engaging cover letter, and please include the name of the position in the subject of your email to the Human Resources Department by November 15, 2013.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we invite women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to submit their application.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back to Current Openings