PT Medical Assistant, Dermatology (Monroeville)
Patient Care / Services | Pittsburgh, PA
Job Number: 35289
Location: Forbes Hospital
Department: Forbes Dermatology
Status: Part Time
Busy Dermatology office is seeking a full time Medical Assistant to handle front and back office duties. Located in Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville. Part of West Penn Allegheny Health System, Physician Organization.
Since 1978, Forbes Regional Hospital has been providing quality care for the communities of eastern Allegheny and Westmoreland counties. As the area has grown, so has Forbes. A 350-bed facility with 15,000 inpatient admissions 12,000 surgeries, and nearly 50,000 emergency department visits annually, we bring an advanced level of care to our patients.
- Performs patient care and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of health care.
- Performs selected clinical duties and assists MDs/Providers in providing patient care.
- Communicates well with patients, physicians, staff, and other customers.
- Accurately maintains medical record documentation, and retrieves and files medical records.
- Performs front end registration and billing functions.
- Performs phlebotomy and lab functions accurately and timely.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program OR equivalent experience and/or education
- 1 year medical office or related health care experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, insurance theory, and ICD-9 and CPT coding preferred
- Receives work direction and/or delegated work assignments from physicians, Office Manager, or nurses
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
Allegheny Health Network and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin. Allegheny Health Network and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Back to Openings