Engineering | San Francisco, CA, United States
GREE International, Inc
San Francisco, CA
Do you crave the adrenaline rush of supporting the production infrastructure that powers some of the world’s greatest mobile games? Are you a fanatic when it comes to quashing operational inefficiencies in web infrastructure? Do you get a kick out of automating routine tasks with a few lines of code? If so, we’ve got just the role for you! Come join one of the largest mobile social gaming companies in the world.
What you get to do every day:
- Be part of a dedicated 24/7 production support DevOps team making sure our games run smoothly and efficiently for millions of players around the world!
- Develop tools and scripts to scale systems up or down according to planned game events, marketing campaigns, new features and game play modes.
- Manage state-of-the-art monitoring tools providing teams with insights into the health and performance of our servers hosted in the cloud.
- Work with game and data engineering teams to ensure a successful release of all components from QA to Production.
What you bring to the role:
- 2-4 years production 24/7 internet SaaS/PaaS systems administration
- Experience supporting LAMP infrastructure & multi-tier web applications
- Deep experience with the Linux command line, shell scripting, automation of common tasks, and configuration of systems monitoring tools
- Experience with Puppet, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Graphite and related tools for large-scale systems management
- Experience with Python/Ruby or similar scripting languages a big plus
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations
- Not afraid to do what it takes to get services back online when the boogey-man strikes
- A willingness to learn and pick up new tricks of the trade