Engineering | San Francisco, CA, United States
ETL Data Warehousing Engineer
GREE International, Inc.
San Francisco, California
Causation or correlation? If you are thrilled about inferring knowledge from vast amounts of data and know how to design scalable ETL systems, we would like to speak with you! GREE International, a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan’s fastest growing tech company is seeking a top-notch senior data engineer to help us find the intricate patterns of user and network behavior in our very large bit buckets!
In this position you will work closely with Business Intelligence analysts to provide optimized querying platforms to extract useful information from a low-latency, high-throughput data pipeline and warehouse. This position requires excellent ETL skills, along with a desire to advance the team's knowledge of state-of-the-art machine learning and data mining algorithms and techniques. In addition, as a hands-on engineer, you will participate in the design and implementation of analysis and delivery tools that disseminate the knowledge of the data team
to all stakeholders in the organization.
- Design and implement very large data mining systems
- Evaluate and apply advanced data models, storage and query optimization techniques
- Architect systems with scalability in mind
- Optimize workload of large scale data warehouses with multiple consumers
- Work in a cross-functional team to identify, develop and report key performance indicators.
- 5+ years of experience with large scale data warehouse engineering and ETL
- Expert-level knowledge of MySQL, PostGres, or Oracle
- Experience with NoSQL - MongoDB, Redis, Riak, Cassandra, or DynamoDB
- Experience with Vertica, Redshift, and/or Tableau
- Experience with Map Reduce or Hadoop / Hive a plus
- Expertise with Python and one or more of the following languages: Java, C++, PHP, Node.js, Perl
- Ability to analyze and implement time series analysis, multivariate regression, Markov chains
- Demonstrated academic or professional statistics and math skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics or related field. M.S. or Ph.D. a plus.
GREE takes gaming to the next level by inviting the entire world to come play. Founded on the belief that a
connected world is a better one, we're passionate about bringing players together, using the universal language of fun.
As the global leader in free-to-play, GREE unleashes the power of gaming by taking it mobile and making it social.
When you can play what you want, when and where you want, it's even easier to discover new games, face off against
friends, and compete for the top spot on leaderboards.
Available for iOS and Android, we make sure fun follows wherever you go. See why millions of gamers get their game on with GREE: