Are you interested in building products seen by millions of people in a small, agile company? Do you spend your time building the future of applications and websites, wondering how they should work and where they can be better? Then this is the opportunity for you.
This role comes with a competitive salary, benefits, profit sharing, stock options, the development platform of your choice (Mac, Windows, Linux) and the opportunity to be part of something great. The small team size would provide the ideal candidate with an environment to contribute in the technical decisions and directions of the project. If this sounds like your cup of tea, and you would love to work in our brand new Yaletown studio, drop us a line because we'd love to hear from you. What are the Responsibilities?
What are the Experience Requirements?
- Develop our sites utilizing Ruby on Rails
- Build and improve on our web-based administration and customer support interfaces.
- Build feature requests, site maintenance, scalability needs and bug fixes.
- Participate in all parts of our agile development process.
What are the Skill Requirements?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or demonstrated programming skill.
- You have built some impressive, non-trivial web applications by hand.
- You are in the habit of doing test-driven development.
- 4+ years software development experience
- Proficient in Ruby on Rails
- Proficient in PostgreSQL
- Experience with Amazon Services (S3, EC2, Cloudfront)
- Email delivery experience
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with GIT
- Knowledgeable about browser-specific issues and incompatibilities
- HTML / HTML5, CSS / CSS3 experience would be awesome!
- Mobile development experience - yes!
Please provide the following when applying:
- At least one website that clearly illustrates your capabilities. You are also welcome to refer us to any work you have on Github
- Your resume.
- A cover letter.
We really appreciate all applications. We will contact you if you are selected for an interview.