Technical Architecture | System Analysis | Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Technical Architect will be involved in all stages of our development projects, from the architecture to the development and even more specific areas depending on skills and interests. We are looking for a person who is autonomous, responsible and dynamic, and wants to be part of an experienced team, that is both ambitious and passionate about technology. You will be involved in eCommerce, enterprise integrations and content management projects for the Retail industry.
- Coordinate all technical activities during each phase of the project;
- Establish the architectural view of the solution from top to bottom, while detailing each level of the architecture;
- Propose and document the most appropriate technical solutions according to the needs of the client;
- Define in detail the technical design of a system (components, integration, servers, security, etc.);
- Describe the abstract functionalities (classes, methods, properties);
- Configure, develop and implement the proposed architectures as necessary for the implementation of the project;
- Provide support and mentoring to developers, performing technical reviews and hands-on development as required;
- Propose and implement industry best practices in software development;
- Support the full life cycle of solutions through development, staging, pre-production, stress, and production environments.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering;
- Industry Certifications in multiple technology platforms, such as: Sun Java Certification, IBM WebSphere and DB2 Certifications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design and architecture of N-tier systems;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Internet development environment;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience with the following technologies:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server (Windows in development, AIX/Linux/Windows in production),
- IBM DB2,
- IBM WSAD (5.1 and above)
- IBM RAD (6 and above),
- IBM HTTPD Server / Apache,
- IBM WebSphere Commerce (WCS version 5.6 and 6.0) strongly considered an asset
- Experience with Agile development methodologies;
- Experience working within a consulting agency;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities;
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- You never leave a teammate behind; you win and lose as a team
- You advocate for the consumer by guiding your team to deliver smart solutions
- You build a positive team spirit through empowerment, trust and respect
- You do the right thing, even when it’s the hard thing
- You have an open mind and encourage new ideas from all sources
- You never miss an opportunity to learn something new
- You are a catalyst for change in a proactive way
- You celebrate all victories, big or small
We offer competitive remuneration and a dynamic work environment. While we thank all those who show interest in this position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are kept confidential.
Nurun is an equal opportunity employer.