Development | Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Senior Developer position is ideal for candidates with a 4 - 6 year track record combined with diverse working experience and considerable exposure to multiple technologies and platforms. This candidate will be providing leadership, mentorship and development experience to the project team. The Developer will have a very strong technology understanding, advanced customer interaction skills and strong communication skills. She/He also requires the ability to quickly understand a client's business needs and translate them into a working technology solution. The Senior Developer is frequently called upon to participate in the sales process and is expected to work closely with the Account Executives in the preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Development Manager
- Works with Technical Architect and Team Lead reporting jointly to the Project Manager.
- Participate as a high level technical expert in design development, coding, testing and debugs new custom applications
- Develops procedures to solve complex technical problems
- Capable of working at the highest technical level of all phases of custom application development
- May act as a technical lead and/or architect for large teams working with the Project Manager to ensure timely delivery and execution of competed application
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior and intermediate Developers
- Assist the PM, the Technical Lead and Technical Architect in the project planning process, provide detailed work estimates
- Work with Account Executives in the pre-Sales and Sales process
- Conduct informal application training to internal staff and clients
- Continuation of achievement of technical certifications
- Accurate and timely entry of all activities into the Time and Billing system
- Expertise sharing, mentoring, and fostering a team environment
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering
- Teamwork, leadership, attitude, salesmanship
- Knowledge of Java
- Strong knowledge of functional programming languages such as Scala, Clojure, Scheme, or Erlang
- Previous exposure to event-driven programming: Akka, Play!
- Previous exposure to one or more of the following technologies: Git, Bamboo, Jenkins, Vagrant Puppet
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism and composure