Animation | Oakville
Rockstar Games is seeking talented animators who are interested in making world class video games. This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced team to deliver animations for future projects in our global studios. We want to hear from problem-solving individuals who have the ability to combine technical excellence with true artistic flair.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work in a creative environment on some of the most highly respected and widely recognized AAA titles. We encourage anyone who feels this is the opportunity they’ve been waiting for to apply!
- Create stunning animations that are both fluid and responsive.
- Work closely with designers and programmers to create immersive experiences.
- Assist with the design and breakdown of animation based game mechanics.
- Implement, troubleshoot and debug animation systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience animating video games.
- Proven industry experience as an animator on at least one AAA title.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation.
- Outstanding demo reel.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human figure to create realistic character animations.
- Strong understanding of development issues in getting animations into a game.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production.
- Advanced knowledge of MotionBuilder and motion capture.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- Deep rooted interest in video games.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.) is a bonus.
- Experience with state machines and motion trees.