Sr. Vertica DBA
Core Tech/Tools Development | Carlsbad, CA
As a Sr. Vertica DBA, your primary role will be architecting and operating the Vertica databases that play a vital part in the support of Rockstar's critical platforms and services. You should have prior experience in database architecture, and administration (monitoring and proactive maintenance, tuning and backup, and recovery).
The ideal candidate will have a passion for database engines and developing a deep subject matter expertise in database internals and systems integration. The DBA must possess strong ownership qualities and be service-oriented. Experience in the games industry is not required, but a passion for gaming is a huge plus.
- Database installation, architecture, and configuration.
- Performance tuning.
- Physical data modelling.
- Issue detection and resolution.
- Capacity planning.
- Development of automation and scripts to perform proactive maintenance.
- Participate in 24/7 operations via oncall rotation schedule.
- Provide leadership and guidance to engineers, architects and additional team members.
- 3 or more years of administration experience in Vertica.
- Must possess advanced SQL skills and in depth knowledge of analytical functions.
- Expertise in storage, servers, operating systems.
- Solid understanding and proficiency in one or more of the following engines are highly desirable: MongoDB, Redis, Hadoop.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Python, Java, C/C#.