Game Design/Scripting | Carlsbad, CA
Rockstar San Diego is seeking a technical designer/scripter to join our multi award winning team.
As part of our design and scripting team you'll be heavily involved in the production and design of all single and multiplayer game content including missions and gameplay scenarios - you'll be making our games fun!
- The role involves script-based programming, game design and liaising with artists and programmers.
- Use our proprietary scripting language to design and script missions and gameplay systems.
- Work with programmers and artists to create production quality missions from specification documents.
- Game design experience, firsthand experience of developing game content is highly desirable.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. Unity, Python, VB, LUA, C#, C++, etc.) required.
- Computer Science degree is considered a definite advantage.
- Multiplayer design experience is preferrable for multiplayer roles, and a passion for multiplayer experiences is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Self motivated and possess great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a passion for Rockstar Games and a good understanding of game design.
- A programming diploma or certificate is an asset, but not mandatory.
- A good sense of fun!
- Good problem solving skills .
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Software Package (Word, Excel, Outlook).