Art | Carlsbad, CA
Rockstar Games is looking for Lighting Artists who possesses the
ability to light our environments, cutscenes and characters for AAA
video game titles. This position has a large impact on multiple
departments and drastically affects the look and feel of the game.
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting i.e. dynamic,
prebaked, interior and exterior setups, cinematic set and character
- Ensure that all lighting deliverables are completed
fully and in line with production schedule.
- Maintain a
balance between visual quality and performance requirements for real
time game application.
- Keep artistic style consistent with
defined visual style for the game.
- Work with design to make
sure lighting accentuates missions, objectives and game flow.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into
- Sound knowledge and use of lighting techniques in the video
game or VFX industries.
- Expert level proficiency within 3DS
Max, Photoshop, After Effects and other 3rd party software or tools
used in the production of environment and character lighting.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs
and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of
self-direction and motivation.
- Able to prioritize and
- Game experience preferred
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital
media to be considered