Director of Electrical and Controls Engineering
Product Development | Eden Prairie, MN
Position: Director of Electrical/Controls Engineering
The Director of Electrical/Controls Engineering will lead multiple projects across brand & product lines at CES to achieve engineering excellence in Electrical Design and Controls (Commercial / Industrial indoor & outdoor equipment applications, including fans, motors, compressors, motor drives, electrical support systems, valve and damper control devices, interface with Building Automation Systems).
This role will report to the Group Vice President of Engineering and will use strategic thought and technical leadership to drive high quality and low cost product innovation.
We are looking for a high-quality individual to fill this position at our Eden Prairie, Minnesota location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create winning Innovation, Cost and Quality roadmaps as well as overall component architecture in the area of Electrical Power and Controls Design.
- Collaborate with Directors of Product Management and Engineering to develop multi-generation product / component roadmaps and strategy.
- Understand the “total cost of doing business” implications of controls beyond the cost of hardware & software (i.e., field start-up & support; custom application solutions’ design, documentation & support).
- Execute the Innovation, Cost and Quality roadmaps by presenting and securing the overall organizational alignment for Electrical Power and Controls roadmaps.
- Present complex ideas, anticipate potential objections and persuade others, including senior management, customers and industry groups, to adopt recommended design solutions.
- Keep well informed of, and educate the CES Group organization concerning, technological advances associated with Controls and Power Wiring Technologies. Develop relationships with Universities / Research Groups associated with Electronic and Controls Technologies.
- Lead execution of common, cross-company Electrical Engineering projects as derived from Roadmaps domestically and internationally.
- Oversee the deployment and disciplined use of Design For Six Sigma and Design For Manufacturing to ensure timely and cost effective product development and introduction.
- Ensures that all products meet appropriate national and international codes and standards.
- Serve as a role model supporting the company’s mission, values and culture.
- Graduate Degree or above in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years Engineering and/or project management experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead teams through influence.
CES Group is comprised of seven companies; Governair, Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar CES, Ventrol and Eaton-Williams. Together, CES Group is the largest manufacturer of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment in North America and serves customers throughout the world. Each company is a recognized leader in providing technical innovation, product flexibility and applications expertise for the new construction, renovation and retrofit requirements of commercial, industrial or institutional indoor environments. Products are sold under such leading brands as CLEANPAK®, Governair®, HUNTAIR®, Mammoth®, Temtrol®, Venmar CES™, Ventrol®, WEBCO™ and Eaton-Williams®. Learn more about CES Group at www.ces-group.com.
CES Group is an equal opportunity employer with competitive pay and benefits.
« Back to Openings