Development | San Francisco, CA, United States
What is a Nurun SF Senior iOS Developer?
Senior iOS Developers are experts at developing apps for iOS, are intimately familiar with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines, and stay current on changes to the App Store Review Guidelines. They provide guidance to Interaction and Visual Designers as well as Producers to ensure that applications follow best practices and meet requirements.
Creative Problem Solver
Our Senior iOS Developers are expected to solve complex engineering problems quickly and smartly. They contribute their ideas at various stages of the project, including having a strong voice in application architecture, investigating solutions, and finding ways to innovate.
We work hard to create a culture of collaboration amongst the various project team disciplines and with our clients and vendors. Great communication skills and a thoughtful, rigorous production approach are a must. Our projects exist within an ecosystem of applications and services. Sr. iOS developers must use a holistic approach to technical solutions planning.
• Provide technical planning, development, and systems integration on client engagements from definition phase through implementation
• Facilitate communication of technical matters among internal team as well as external partners and client contacts
• Analyze requirements, wireframes and capabilities of related systems to propose appropriate solutions
• Work with Producers to identify and address project status issues
• Write clean, stable, unit-tested code and accompanying documentation where needed
• Delegate programming tasks to other team members, providing oversight as needed
• Mentor developers by sharing best practices and new tools and techniques
• Assist Producers and/or Executive Producer in the creations of requirements, timelines, and estimates for projects and new business opportunities
• Research and share industry innovations and trends
• Promote Nurun through publishing, speaking engagements and attending of tech events and conferences
• Have 3+ years of iOS development experience
• Expert in Objective-C, Core Services, Media and Cocoa Touch frameworks, developer tools (Xcode 4 and 5), and workflows (both manual memory management and ARC, debugging, profiling, unit testing, continuous integration, provisioning, distributing and submission to the App Store)
• Have sound object-oriented programming skills
• Intimately familiar with iOS design patterns and coding conventions as well as Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines
• Expert understanding of networking, local data caching and multitasking on iOS
• Solid experience with commonly used 3rd party libraries and services (e.g. AFNetworking and Urban Airship)
• Up to speed with iOS 7 changes, new features and requirements
• Development experience with other mobile platforms (e.g. Android), a plus
• Experience with task planning and estimating effort
• Experience working on small to medium‐sized teams
• Experience leading projects and overseeing other iOS developers
• Experience with BLE and Arduino, a plus
• Experience with game development, a plus
• Approach technical challenges with an open mind and desire to innovate
• Appreciate great design and thrive in a creative environment
• Communicative and clear under tight deadlines
• Strong personal organization and attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable to both organizational and project-level changes
Nurun is a global design and technology consultancy. We create digital products and services for a connected world. We work with bold, forward-looking brands like Sony, Google, Coca-Cola, Tesla Motors, BluHomes and Dolby.
• Please, no phone calls
• Include a link to your online portfolio and PDF of your resume
• You must live in the San Francisco area or be willing to move here