Visual Design | San Francisco, CA, United States
What is a Nurun SF Associate Creative Director?
ACDs command every aspect of a project, encouraging team members to seek innovation and perfection. Partnered with a Senior Producer, an ACD co-leads a multi-disciplinary team of Designers and Developers. This leadership is about more than the project itself; it’s about getting the best from each individual so that they are engaged and happy.
Our ACDs are talented designers with the ability to invent thoughtful, viable and unexpected creative solutions. ACDs examine all aspects of a design problem and provide elegant solutions while maintaining a beautiful and usable aesthetic that works for the brand.
ACDs have extensive experience representing the creative team and its work to clients. ACDs must be clear in presenting the team's ideas and work to the client, but also act as the client's most vocal champion to the creative team. ACDs are the catalyst that mixes ideas, pushes concepts, and finds the best way to meet the client's needs with sophisticated design.
ACDs mentor team members to ensure high quality work, across the entire team. They delegate to Art Directors and Senior Designers to take ownership of projects to ensure all objectives are met and that the level of quality is upheld. In a nutshell, they collaborate and mentor in order to create amazing work.
• Collaborate with Senior Producer to lead and inspire your team to produce inventive, thoughtful and relevant work
• Work closely with clients; listening to them and articulating their situation, goals, and requirements
• Collaboratively establish the creative strategy for projects
• Lead multiple projects; oversee planning, concept development, design and implementation; assign tasks and monitor progress
• Participate in all aspects of your team’s projects, focusing on innovation and quality
• Understand and work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, user experience, technical constraints, as well as budget and schedule
• Provide direction to Senior Art Directors, Art Directors and Designers
• Participate in pitching and winning work
• Mentor and support team members; understanding their strengths and weaknesses and recommending projects and training to help them develop; recommend promotions and growth opportunities
• Experiment with new tools and techniques to improve our work
• Cultivate an understanding of industry trends and share your insights with the studio
• Interview and hire permanent team members, freelancers and interns
• 5+ years of experience designing rich interactive experiences for the web and other media
• Portfolio that represents a range of design styles, diversity of projects, and a clear personal aesthetic
• Infectious passion for emerging technology and hunger to innovate
• Compelling communicator and leader, skilled in motivating your team and cultivating client relationships
• Very high standards for interactive design, strategy and execution
• Experience leading small to medium-sized teams
• Experience mentoring young designers and recruiting talent
• Communicative, flexible and patient under tight deadlines
• Proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator; HTML, AfterEffects and Flash are bonus
• Have strong personal organization skills and attention to detail
Nurun is a global design and technology consultancy. We create digital products and services for a connected world. We work with bold, forward-looking brands like Sony, Google, Coca-Cola, Tesla Motors, BluHomes and Dolby.
• Please, no phone calls
• Include a link to your online portfolio and PDF of your resume
• Full-time or Freelance applicants welcome
• You must live in the San Francisco area or be willing to move here