Resource Development (Fund Raising) | Boston, MA, United States
COMPENSATION: $8/hour (approximately 15 – 20 hours per week); academic credit acceptable
DEPARTMENT: Institutional Support
REPORTS TO: Kit Manning, Institutional Support Department
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
COORDINATES WITH: Institutional Support Department (ISD) and program departments
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Institutional Support Department (ISD) raises funding from foundations, corporations, non-US governments, and other Oxfam Affiliates. We research potential donors; cultivate them; submit proposals to them; and, when they give us a grant, we steward them.
- Support institutional fundraising efforts, primarily through research and analysis of philanthropic trends, corporate business sectors, and institutional donor prospects.
- Using fundraising databases and other sources to research and analyze philanthropic trends among foundation, corporate and government donors to help us formulate our institutional fundraising strategy.
- Identify key people within funding institutions for outreach.
- Reports that map donors to key program areas.
- Updated donor profiles/templates
- Preliminary ethical screens
- Candidate for or recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (preferable) in English, History, Political Science, International Relations or related fields.
Experience and Core Competencies:
- Excellent research skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills; ability to prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Very good oral and written communications skills.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Team Player; eager to take on challenges and work as part of a team.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit
- Knowledge of the field of international development, humanitarian and human rights