Client Services | Petaluma or Pleasanton, CA, United States
We are looking for a Senior Front End Developer to help create first-class eCommerce sites for our clients. The work is challenging, creative, fast paced and intellectually stimulating.
Key Responsibilities - what you do on a daily basis
Qualifications - what experience you need to be successful
- Bridge the gap between design and technology, pairing with visual designers, information architects and other engineers/developers to build pixel-perfect user experiences.
- Find UI bugs and eliminate them. Cleaning up old and broken code should rank high on your list of therapeutic activities.
- Knowledge Share. We operate in a fast paced environment, and you will frequently pair other team members. We want you to share your expertise, making everyone else better and facilitating continuous learning
- Create reusable processes, components and tools that others can leverage to accelerate progress
- Stay up to date on the latest technology trends and techniques – and be prepared to propose new ideas when there is strong business value.
Requisite Skills - other nice to haves
- Must be able to take creative comp and develop appropriate HTML and CSS using current best practices, and ensuring cross channel compatibility
- Able to modify existing JSP to meet UI needs
- Preferred proficiency in one or more object oriented programming languages (Java, Ruby on Rails, Python, PHP)
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Subversion source control
- Able to hand code HTML and CSS.