Engineering | Redwood City, CA, United States
shopkick is looking for a Growth Hacker who is part product manager, part marketer and all hacker. He/She has a passion for aggressively scaling consumer services. This individual will help lead the growth charge with quick iteration and prioritization of initiatives that identify and capitalize on scalable channels for user growth. We're looking for a Growth Hacker who wants to be a part of a team that creates mobile experiences that dramatically improves the way people shop in the physical world.
shopkick helps people live an affordable awesome life. It helps them save, find, discover and get rewarded at stores they already go to. All they need to do is show up!
shopkick is the most used shopping app at retail stores in the U.S. (Nielsen data), and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer. It has over 150 brand partners (P&G, Unilever, Mondelez, L’Oreal, Revlon, General Mills, Pepsi etc) and 15 retail partners (Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, Old Navy etc), and is deployed in over 10,000 large stores across the U.S. In 2013, shopkick drove $500M in revenue for its partners (2012 - $200M, 2011 - $110M). shopkick adds a digital layer on top of the physical store experience for over 7 million users, to make it personal and rewarding. In November 2013, shopkick launched the first Apple iBeacon-related live trial with a major retailer anywhere (Macy’s) with shopkick’s shopBeacon platform. This technology allows brands to connect directly with consumers in the store.
shopkick Starts 100-Store iBeacon Trial For American Eagle, Biggest Apparel Rollout Yet
Apple’s iBeacon Comes To Macy’s: Is This The Future of Shopping?
Macy’s Begins Pilot Test of Apple’s iBeacon In Flagship New York, San Francisco Stores
Apple’s iBeacon Potential Emerges in shopkick Macy’s Initiative
shopkick users have earned $25M in rewards, scanned 70M products, and viewed 4B offers
- Define, test and evaluate growth initiatives
- Lead a cross-functional growth hacker team responsible for helping drive user growth through experimentation and prototyping
- Work with engineering, design and the rest of the product team to execute initiatives
- Tinker with platform APIs and help create industry-leading growth tactics
- Analyze and report growth success to the management team
- Do whatever it takes :)
- BS in computer science or equivalent technical degree
- A love of finding and utilizing unrealized, “out-of-the-box” techniques
- Fluent and comfortable with SQL, statistics and experimentation techniques
- Experience and track record of driving massive user growth at a consumer-facing startup
- Ability to seamlessly transition from high-level creative brainstorming to conducting and analyzing experiments and sweating the details
- Deep understanding of large social and commerce web platforms, SEO/SEM, social and viral mechanics
- Very technically adept and comfortable hacking around
- Team-focused and highly collaborative
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- An equally creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excited about challenging yourself every single day