Business Consulting | Seattle, WA, United States
Logic20/20 is one of Seattle*s fastest growing full service consulting firms. We have two key areas of expertise: business and technology consulting. Our core competency is creating simplicity and efficiency where these two business practices intersect. Although we make it look like magic, we succeed by combining methodical and structured approaches with our substantial experience to design elegant solutions for even the most intricate challenges.
We were founded on the premise that most projects are simply too complex and too difficult for the problem they are trying to solve. Our project managers, senior consultants, and software development engineers are always seeking to add value for our clients by utilizing their extensive experience and creativity while grounded in the fundamentals of successful business and technical delivery strategies.
We bring simplicity and predictability to engagements and help clients significantly improve their efficiency through the use of proven technology and business management strategies.
Our continued rapid growth is in response to our ability to deliver consistently for our clients, which is directly related to the quality of the people we hire. Our typical hires have a *Big 4* consulting background, with 4-15 years of experience, and are people who are looking to have more control over their careers. Our business is our people.
Our consultants are fun to work with, highly self-motivated, comfortable conceiving strategies on the fly, and able to work well individually or as part of a team. Our environment is very high-energy, demanding, and requires an individual with remarkable enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
Position Description: Jr. Content Specialists
Do you cringe when your friends end their sentences with prepositions or split their infinitives inappropriately? Does your summer reading list routinely include at least one of the Classics? Do poorly formatted Word docs with inconsistent styles drive you nuts? Do you like big challenges and fixate on details?
The ideal candidate for this role is dedicated to the craft of writing and editing, creative, passionate about technology, and proficient in the latest content development tools, particularly Microsoft Word. We’re looking for an entry level writer/editor who is able and eager to assimilate large amounts of information and apply their knowledge to a wide range of technical and consumer-focused content-from product documentation to marketing copy, process documentation, multimedia, and support.
As a writer on the Logic20/20 team you will:
- Edit/write consistent, engaging, and well organized end-to-end content for Microsoft consultants around the world that enables them to sell their services and Microsoft products and services more effectively.
- Help create and edit multimedia content such as narrated screencast recordings and video.
- Work closely with world class software product managers, marketers, designers, engineers, and consultants.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills. Mastery of the English language.
- 2+ years of professional or highly applicable writing and/or editing experience.
- Experience working closely with technical subject matter experts, understanding the business and customer goals, and translating those goals into engaging content for consumers.
- A BA degree (in Journalism, Communications, English a plus) combined with established experience in written communications, journalism, marketing, and online publishing.
- A natural passion for modern technology, a irrepressible desire to simplify complex tasks, and a drive to help people discover the potential of an idea through your writing.
- Experience in the collaborative process of publishing or product development, particularly the design and production of software or websites.
- Experience managing editorial projects and writing strategic content plans.
- Experience with XML and content publishing tools.
- Experience automating mundane tasks in content tools (e.g. Office macros, PERL scripts & etc.)
- Experience with video development, script writing, on-camera presentation, studio production, and/or post-production/video editing a plus.
- Experience with social media desirable.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance.
One of the most important benefits is the opportunity to work in an incredibly exciting and rapidly growing firm. The best part is that we are a group of highly dedicated and competent professionals that deliver results and have fun along the way.
Principals only, please.