Manufacturing and Production - Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
Space Exploration Technologies
Work to advance the course of human history and pave the way to Mars.
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up including cutting edge electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engine systems. The Falcon Launch Vehicle and Dragon Spacecraft programs are some of the most ambitious engineering systems in the world, designed to support our ultimate goals of aviation-like spaceflight capability and making humanity a multi-planet species.
'SpaceX is like Special Forces… we do the missions that others think are impossible. We have goals that are absurdly ambitious, but we're going to make them happen. We have the potential here at SpaceX to have an incredible effect on the future of humanity and life itself.'
– Elon Musk
If you’re undaunted by the impossible, actively seek out insanely challenging projects under tight schedules, and want to work with a remarkable organization pushing the envelope of human exploration, then you will want to be part of the SpaceX legacy.
We are actively seeking the brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue building our world class team. Please visit spacex.com for additional information.
Non-Destructive Testing Specialist – Level III (UT, PT, ET)
- This is a hands-on, working Level 3 position.
- The daily operations consist of Friction Stir Welds, Electron Beam welds and other weld inspections using Phased Array Ultrasonic methods, eddy current inspections, composite structure inspections and penetrant inspection of welds, castings and other metallic structures.
- You will be tasked with trouble shooting inspection issues, interfacing with engineers on new applications and products and providing instructions to Level 1 and Level 2 inspectors. You will create and update inspection techniques for new and existing products.
- Provide guidance and second opinion evaluations when needed on indications.
- Interface with the Radiography Manager to organize work flow. Provide guidance and training to inexperienced inspectors. Conduct inspections as necessary to provide coverage during high capacity times.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 certification in UT.
- Experience in Phased Array and automated inspection of welds.
- Experience in the evaluation of ultrasonic pulse-echo and through transmission C-scan data of welds, composite and metallic structures.
- Experience in Fluorescent penetrant inspection of flight critical hardware.
- Experience using Olympus TomoView software and operation of Phased Array equipment.
- Experience in ultrasonic inspection of composite materials.
- Level 2 or 3 certification in other methods a plus.
- Experience using Air-coupled ultrasonic methods a plus.
- NDT work at SpaceX requires physical exertion, successful candidate should be able to bend, left, climb, and work in confined spaces as needed to complete testing tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to travel on occasion to our test and launch facilities at Vandenberg, Texas and Cape Canaveral, FL.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.